1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those who missed it: Score 2.5MB of space in F0.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by guano, Feb 13, 2007.

1. guano

guano Regular member

Yea but again, when I wrote this thread this was the method. (This method was out before XFlash was even created yet.) All you have to do now w/ OE is change out the ltn0.pgf. That's it. If you wanna go a step further, you can dummy the gb3s1518.bwfon and jpn0.pgf files w/ the ltn0.pgf file to save some space. In doing this, you will gain 2.5MB of free space in your F0. :D

Dummying the gb3s1518.bwfon and jpn0.pgf files:

1.) First, copy ltn0.pgf from F0 to desktop.
    Next, highlight the gb3s1518.bwfon file in F0. Hit F2. It will go into rename mode. Hit CTRL + C to copy the name of the gb3s1518.bwfon file.

2.) Go to desktop, highlight ltn0.pgf and hit F2. It will be in rename mode. Now hit CTRL + V to paste the name of .bwfon onto ltn0.pgf. Now ltn0.pgf has become gb3s1518.bwfon

3.) Now, go back to F0 and make another copy of ltn0.pgf. Paste it to desktop again.

4.) In F0,highlight jpn0.pgf and press F2 once again to go into rename mode. Copy the name.

5.) Go to desktop and rename the newest copy of ltn0.pgf (the one you last copied to desktop). So now, ltn0.pgf should have become jpn0.pgf.

6.) Take the gb3s1518.bwfon and the jpn0.pgf files - cut them from desktop and paste them into F0. Say YES to overwrite.

7.) You just scored 2.5MB of F0 space!

EDIT: Just in case you're wondering, you would wanna do this in the event of using large gameboots or keeping extra files in your F0. (Secret pics of your g/f, w/e.) :D

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  2. bash247

bash247 Regular member

its easier if you use flash agent

3. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

cheers for the tip
    @bash doing it this way helps you to understand your psp better i think,because you get to know whats going on,just my opinion tho

4. guano

guano Regular member

Yea, I would rather do it the manual way. If one of the coders of these apps screwed up on the coding of the app (a bug), then you don't know what could happen. It only takes two seconds anyway.

5. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

Manual all the way. "Easy Installer" is often a bit of an oxymoron.