1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those who own first generation XBoxes

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by ATIROCKS, Aug 26, 2004.

1. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

As you may know, ppl who own some of the first generation xboxes have been having these problems of not being able to run most of the new games releases. Such as Knights of the old Rep, Madden 2004, 2k2,2k3,2k4, etc...B/c you have been getting the infamous Dirty disc message or contact your xbox customer service. Well ppl, it is not the games fault or yours, its the dvd drive. Most of the first generation xboxes have the Thompson drive which is rather slower and "lazier" than the recent Philips and Samsungs.

2. mess1

mess1 Regular member

I have a first generation 4034 Xbox and have absolutely no problems with my Thompson drive. I can play Madden 2005 all day with no problems.

3. tu-papi-j

tu-papi-j Guest

hi there i new 2 this site. i have a problem w/ my new xbox. it won't play my bootlegs cds. but my friend brought a xbox and his can plays bootlegs cds. i would like 2 know how is that possible? is there a chip out there that can change that problem to work 4 me? if u can't hepl me can u direct me 2 someone thats knows???