1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those with a plethora of knowledge on Swap Magic+Various questions(no, i'm notta stupid newb)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ThaSunGod, Mar 30, 2005.

1. ThaSunGod

ThaSunGod Guest

I've preconcieved a couple of notions about the disadvantages of swap magic. Besides it not being a "mod-chip" and you aren't able to play ps1 imports nor games n that matter....anything else? I chose to order the swap magic 3 for if my PS2 Slimeline (SCPH-70012 cb/ 97001) were to ever decease, i could just remove the Fliptop and i'd still have the disks...no hassle with a modchip.

Will this "Swapping" affect my Slimline's lens?

what is "Rebuilding" reffered to in terms of burning games?

What is DVD-9? and DVD-5? and how do they relate to copying games?

What does the "Fliptop" serve for besides a replacemt lid?

are the games efficient as the original?

and final question....

Will a gameshark be better? for PS2? for booting backups...

If anyone of you could please answer these inquires as descriptively as possible you'd/ya'll would make my day..

***EDIT*** I put my order in a couple of days before i dropped the money order in the mailbox..I'm In (U.S.)Durham,N.C. they're in Texas i think. I didn't pay for any super service(just the $6.95 fee) but i'm impatiently waiting for this to come. i dropped my order in the box This past tuesday, when should i recieve it?

Peace-

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2005
  2. ThaSunGod

ThaSunGod Guest

any......body???

3. omghax

omghax Member

yeah i wanna know too, also what does the special load (square button) on Magic Swap do?

4. keras

keras Regular member

1. Will this "Swapping" affect my Slimline's lens?

- No, I have heard rumors, but nothing factual about any damage to the lense

2. what is "Rebuilding" reffered to in terms of burning games?

- Rebuilding is taking the iso and breaking it down into it's individual files with a program such as isobuster. Then rebuilding them with a program called cdvdgen. This only needs to be done to a certain few games.

3. What is DVD-9? and DVD-5? and how do they relate to copying games?

- DVD-9 is a dual layer disk, dvd-5 is a standard single layer 4.7gig disk. there are very few dvd-9 games, and all are patchable to a dvd-5 disk except for gt4 i believe.

4. What does the "Fliptop" serve for besides a replacemt lid?

- The fliptop just allows you to "swap" disks easily

5. are the games efficient as the original?

- Yes, they will play just like an original

6. Will a gameshark be better? for PS2? for booting backups...

- Depends on your meaning of better. I haven't used the gameshark method...so I'm not going to say one way or another. I've used Swap Magic for a while now and have had no problems whatsoever.

5. ThaSunGod

ThaSunGod Guest

hey thanks man. day made.