1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forceing analysis,after burn.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ZippyDSM, Jan 16, 2007.

1. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Regular member

I love DVD shrink its simple to the point and now weighed down with menus and fluff to cut threw.

I use it as my primary DVD ripping utility,I double check my archive by running deep analysis on it after a burn sometimes it says analysis already complete and will not restart a analysis,any clue how to fix this?

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Shrink keeps a history log of all the files its analyzed so it doesn't have to do it again for the same files, you need to delete these entries/log files.

Look in the shrink folder created when the app was installed, then look for the log files and delete them.

c:\program files\dvd shrink\history log ....I believe.

3. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Yes, John is right, you'll need to delete those files if you want DVD Shrink to do Analysis again.

Or have a look at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\DVD Shrink

Or \All Users.WINDOWS\ can be your username or admin

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

For my XP Pro the path is:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVD Shrink
    Copy the path into Windows XP address bar and enter go. Then delete the analysis file(s). As alkohol and johnl123 mentioned, Shrink won't do an analysis if one is already in the data folder.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  5. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Regular member

thanks for the info ^^

ya its in "all users" for XP pro.

Nero is ok and all but for a all in one editor and DVD authoring its lacking in a few things either ISO importing and editing or just simple DVD recreation,creation of dvds is not to bad but recreation of dvds is near non exsistant.

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

With Nero the abilities are distributed through the suite. It does quite a bit. The only thing I find lacking is the Recode 2 doesn't handle compression as well as Shrink with the Quality Settings.

7. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Regular member

Dose nero have a IMPORT ISO editor?
    I know you can create new with the editor but dose it import so you can edit and change doesn't easily make a ISO from a CD/DVD I like Ultra ISO however its not perfect and soemtiems you just have to build a new ISO.

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Nero has a virtual drive that I can load an ISO in and with all that Nero offers, I can do almost anything I want. Nero does conversions, you can edit with it, and theres the complete burning resources. ISO doesn't present any problems that I'm aware of.

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I agree with you though, it may not have all the things to handle ISO files like Ultra ISO, but it does all I need.