1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forcing progressive, options? (also, running ELF files)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Stylpe, May 18, 2007.

1. Stylpe

Stylpe Member

Here's the deal: I have a PSTwo (slim) modded with a Matrix Infinity (green dot) connected using a component cable to a projector. The projector has horrible support for non-progressive input, making colors (especially dark colors) wash into each other, blurring the image, and having a "combing" effect. That's why I make every effort to make all my consoles use progressive output. The 360 does it naturally, the GameCube can be forced using the Qoob chip, and recently I found the Xploder HDTV Player to force the PS2 too. It works like a charm! But I hate the disc swapping, so I'm looking for other solutions.

The VGA mode option in the MI doesn't seem to work with component cables. I sent them a mail asking if they were planning to add support for other display mode, but I don't think I can hope for an answer from them, seeing as the last fw update was in 2006.

So, I'm left with the Xploder HDTV Player. However, disc swapping is something I don't want to do every time I sit down to play a PS2 game. But right now I don't know about any other options. And that's what I wanted to ask you guys about. Do you know about any other options?

I also have the .ELF file for the Xploder HDTV player, but I'm not sure which way is the best way to run it with the least hassle on every boot. Can you guys help me with that? I guess this question belongs in the HW boot section since I have an MI chip, but I figured two posts about the same thing could be considered a more serious offense =P

2. Stylpe

Stylpe Member

Okay, I found out how to boot the ELF easily, using uLE to copy it to mc0: and holding R2 at boot. It works as far as it lets me select the video mode. However, when I press start to launch the game, it fades out and shows the Launching Game message, but the game never actually starts. It just sits there. (And the game I tried it with works when I use the Xploder disc, so that's not the problem, also tested different display modes)

Any ideas? Also, still looking for alternative ways to force display modes =)