1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

forget about xlink-kai & Xbconnect. leaf is rulling now!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Jagosix, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Jagosix

Jagosix Member

Hello Fellow Gamers. We've all wanted a program that'll let us play X360 / Xbox /ps3 /ps2 / PC whatever on our on private network utilizing the internet. You know a sort of system link type setup without PSN or XBlive. Well I've tried Xlink-kai (which sucks on X360), but it works great on xbox/ps2/psp/ etc. games. The same goes for Xbconnect. Now comes along a program called Leaf networks. This thing is a GodSend. It' works great with all of the current system link X360 games. Here's the link http://www.leafnetworks.net

What's also another kool thing .. it's totally 100% freeware. These guys are working on a Linux version with a MAC version to follow after that. Simple to install & ez to setup. I've already made a small list of people to network with so we did a little testing to put his baby through the ringer & it passed with flying colors on all the X360 system link games. So those of you that have a modded & or a Banned system can also play online by setting up your own private game network. So give it a try & give me some feedback on your experience with it.

My Leaf ID is Jagosix

BTW. I've already setup a gaming sever for those of you that wish to connect to the network. The Leaf ID for it is CyberConnection. So.. post your Leaf ID & I'll add it to the server.

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I read about Leaf quite awhile back but never got around to trying it. I may look into it in the future, but I still haven't been banned from Live ;)

3. steimy

steimy Active member

Leaf Networks has it's limitations with the 360. Some people will be able to connect while others will not. All depends. I tested this program about 3-4 months ago with a guy who works for Leaf Network and no matter what we tried we could not connect to each others game even though we were running the same set up. So unless they have found a way around that problem it will still be hit or miss.

4. Jagosix

Jagosix Member

HFG (Hellow Fellow Gamers). Well I've tried the latest release of leaf & it works great on All of the X360 systemlink games that my friends & I tried. So, do yourself a favor & download the latest version & try again.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

i will give it a try, but it had nothing to with the program. It was the 360's built in ping timer. If you do not both have a really good number you will not be able to connect to each other. Have you tested it with any other people other then the one friend?

Just curious because my testing was with someone who actually works for Leaf Network and we never did get a connection to play a game after a few weeks of trials.

6. Jagosix

Jagosix Member

HHello Fellow Gamer. Well we tested up to 6 people using leaf on system link in my city area. Some of us on Different ISPs (cable, DSL). But we had no problems so far. We will still continue to test this puppy to the fullest & see where it goes from there.