1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forgotten w/ Decrypter - I/O used Scuba St. Setup

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dbldown11, Jan 20, 2005.

1. dbldown11

dbldown11 Member

ok... i used scuba steves setup and im getting an I/O Error when trying to crack the CSS....

this is the setup i used
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/124000

however, i the ingnoer PUOs or whatever there are a few more clicks than stated on this thread.

btw, im useing the newest version of dvd decrypter

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi dbldown11,

I don't know if I can be of any help - That Scuba Steve's quite a "trip" - sometimes I can't follow anything he says -

Did you follow everything he suggested in regards to that I/O error ?

I have had a spot of trouble using the new DVDD (Jan. 5th release). Sometimes when ripping a DVD I get the same type of error. I believe it is because DVDD is looking for those bogus files and looks so hard it "Buggers" things up . . .

The fix I use is 2-prong.

First, I start playing the DVD using my PowerDVD, waiting until the main movie is playing THEN open DVDD and set up my locations, etc. Then, when I click the "Disc to HD" icon I wait a second or two before turning off the player. This seems to do the trick.

Since the new Settec ALPHA-DVD encryption came out I leave AnyDVD running all the time, perhaps that helps too :)

Without a question, make sure you're running the newest DVDD, it's a good proggy.

If you need anymore help, let me know - If I can't help I'll PM Scuba Steve and turn him loose on it, alright ?

Kweel,

Cheers,

Pete

3. dbldown11

dbldown11 Member

yeah, my bad... thanks for the tip.. i saw your real name after i posted and i figured, eh! why edit my post.. i guess i watched one to many adam sandler movies.

one question. are you supposed to check the 2 PUO boxes unter the File REad ane ISO read?

ill try the anydvd thingy...havent got that yet... i guess its time now.

this is the error i get

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I remove the PUO's from the IFO and BUP files leaving the VOB files alone (I hate touching the VOB files for any reason). These are my "Fine tuning" tweaks which I feel add to DVDD's arsenal. Some use my settings and swear by it, others try their own. Whatever, "floats your boat."

As for the DVDD error you've been getting, since LightingU.K. updated it for the Jan. 5th release I've been getting those errors too. It seems that DVDD is looking so hard for "Buggered" files it gets itself into an uproar.

What works well for me is to shut DVDD off, start playing my DVD (many times I don't even have to start playing the DVD) then open DVDD up and it works without a hitch. When I have a minute free I'm going to see if anyone has found a cure , :)

Let me know how it works out for you, OK ?

Pete