1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Format a memory card?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by xerofyre, Feb 8, 2005.

1. xerofyre

xerofyre Regular member

is there a way to format a ps2 memory card? but not by just deleting everything on it.
    After I started playing a burned copy of Metal Gear Solid 3 there has been this thing in my memory card called Corrupted Data, it's little icon thing is just a blue box, and it won't let me copy, move, or delete it.

Because of it I'm not able to save MGS3. Not the burned copy or the original. I can't save! Someone please help.

2. xerofyre

xerofyre Regular member

anybody have any ideas?
    I can't beat MGS3 without saving....

3. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

There is a homebrew app for the ps2 called "MCKiller" it will format your ps2 memory card ;)

http://www.bootchip-aarhus.dk/PS2-DL.htm

Backup your non-damaged data to eather your HD (sony only) or another memory card.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2005
  4. xerofyre

xerofyre Regular member

thank you sooo much!
    and finally the hard drive comes in handy for stuff other than FFXI

5. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

Your "Corrupted Data" sounds like the memory card exploit. Do you have the exploit on your memory card? If so the "Corrupted Data" will come back after you erase it. It's doesnt hurt anything.

6. xerofyre

xerofyre Regular member

nope, I've never done any memory card exploits, it first happened after I burned and started playing MGS3, oh and it happened again, now theres another little box that says corrupted data, and that one happened when I burned and started playing Sonic Mega Collection.....I'm not worried though, because now I have an original MGS3 game, it might happen again with Sonic though but I don't mind too much, because...it's sonic....not really anything to worry about

edit: I burned that app to a cd and used swap magic 3.0 and it won't boot! eek

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  7. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

You know, just an hour ago i had the same damn problem! i had corrupted data that i couldnt erase or copy over. I ended up having to reformat the memory card to fix it. So i now know how to format if you still need the help. Basically what i'll do if you want is make you a memory card exploit that has the fomat tool on in. All youll need is your swap magic, and a ps1 disk. PM me if you still need help.