1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Format confusion

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by twoswords, Jan 31, 2005.

1. twoswords

twoswords Guest

My friend in England bought a Panasonic DMR-E75VS. What disks can I send him to copy some VHS tapes? I have only a Samsung player which plays FVDs, CDs and MP3s. I see DVD-R, DVD-RW and DVD+r. DVD+RW. He even had his son bring him some Sony disks which did nit work. The rep at the store told him they had bought the wrong thing, I read the online comments of various owners of this model, some say only DVD-RAM will work others say that any format wil work if it is "fonalized". I an toally confused but my friend does not have Internet Access and since he does not appear to be getting any 'after-sale' help, I would appreciate any advice you could offer. Thanks

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Hi twoswords--I googled the player and found that it will use either DVD-R disks or DVD-Ram disks--Which means it will not accept DVD+R disks--So. just get some high quality DVD-R (NOT Memorex)disks--There are a few very good quality disks in this format--Sony,Verbatim Data-Life--or any "Made in Japan" are generally very good--

Whitfield

3. twoswords

twoswords Guest

What's wrong with Memorex? I just got back from Circuit City and that'e what they sold me. I have already mailed five of them to my buddy in England. I was hanging on to the others until I have another "care" package to send.