1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formating DVD+RW's question...

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Shinbone, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Shinbone

Shinbone Member

Hi, all. I did a search for this but didn't find an answer.
    Do DVD+RW's need to be formated for using them for data storage? I have Windows 2000 and for now using Roxio EZCD 5, but will soon be switching to Nero. I have a hunch I should use Nero to format them if necessary. (I do use DVD-R's also for data storage, but somethings I need to erase/re-write over.)
    Thanks.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Shinbone, Yes dvd-rw's need formated first. Most programs will ask if you want to format the disc when you insert the new blank. Also if you use a rw as a test disc for movie burning, the program will usually as if you want to overwrite and will automatically erase the disc. Ever since Roxio took over from Adaptec, their software has become junk. Go with Nero and you shouldn't have any problems.

Jerry

3. rubberman

rubberman Regular member

does the same apply to -rw discs? i bought some sony -rw disc and cant do anything with them. What do i use to format the discs? I tried using Stomp to full erase and it errors out. PLease help cause this is driving me crazy.

4. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

Hey
    The best way i use to format DVD-RWz is using Nero. Open Nero Burning Rom choose Recorder then Erase ReWritable Disc

5. rubberman

rubberman Regular member

i have used PrimoDVD and Stomp to erase as you mentioned and nothing.