1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum rules revised

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by Ketola, Nov 21, 2005.

1. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

That person would probably get a stiff warning and then banned if they continue down the same road, the site would probably not get penalized because they are policing agaisnt this type of activity.

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ singh: pm me with a link and i'll take a look for you

3. tljtjtj

tljtjtj Member

Hey does anyone have an animal crossing game

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

5. WK77

WK77 Member

I have a question regarding sigs. I understand the need for not advertising stuff all over others websites, especially products and I agree that they should be covered by specific advertising space and not in posts. Does that include fansites for games that a particular member here may be staff of? I belong to many different websites covering different areas and typically include a link to those sites. I have found that many times there are people that are like minded as I am when it comes to gaming. What about personal websites? Can those be linked to in sigs?

I just joined here today and am trying to get a feel for the place. Y'all have already provided me answers on getting ringtones to my phone (I just purchased my first cell phone this past February). I may not be a frequent visitor as my job keeps me on the go, but will contribute when I can. I just do not want to break a rule to have my account suspended if I can help it.

TIA
    WhiteKnight77

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Linking to other sites would depend on what the site actually has on it. My suggestion would be to PM one of the mods with the links and have them look it over before you use it in you sig. That way you are safe.

Welcome to Afterdawn.

Jerry

7. TRAVELMGR

TRAVELMGR Member

Posting/entering this forum for the first time is a little intimidating. I have read through the rules. Read thie postings, but darned if I can figure out where to compose a message for help and do I need it. Will this forum handle questions on the virus in Windows folder(system 32 mxdefdrv.sys). I have XP Home and use TrendMicro PCillan. The virus is quarantined bit I cannot get it out. I deleted it from the TremdMicro Quarantine Mgmt folder, but
    it shows back up. If this not the right place for this problem, would you folks be kind enough to point me in the right direction.
    ASAP, I will add my profile info. How much personal info has to be given.
    My media questions I will address later. And I have plenty.
    Heck I am just a basic touch typist, but how the hell does one make a doggone signature like some I have viewed. Thanks ahead of time for you patience and positive direction.

8. mlinuxko

mlinuxko Regular member

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

already requested

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@TRAVELMGR - hi and welcome; i can't move part of a thread so raise a new thread via the link mlinuxko posted (i can however delete your question from this thread once you have started your own thread). as to signatures, there's a few threads about sigs here - http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/45 for you to have a look at..

there's a list of the many forums here - http://forums.afterdawn.com

Last edited: Apr 30, 2006