1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forza 2 just killed me console!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by shinnster, Jul 8, 2007.

1. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

I can not believe it! i've been reading a lot of stuff about people having trouble with forza 2, as in the game freezing & a few people actually got the ring of death from it.
    I just thought it was the luck of the draw and it was just a co incedence that they happened to be playing forza 2 at the time. but it has now juts happened to me!
    My console was cool, I had only been on for about 30 mins and the game started to freeze, re booted console and it kept doing it, I could navigate around the menu's fine but as soon as i loaded up a map and started to race it would freeze!
    I then turned off the console again and i got the dreaded 3 red lights!
    I am now soooooo Pi$$ed off and have to go out and but another one!
    Anyone else had this happen to them while playing Forza?

I know you will say it was just time for the console to die but it has never had a problem before and all other games always worked fine.

Am not happy!

2. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

3. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

ahaa, sorry didnt see that thread already started.

4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Why would you waste your hard earned money on another system that has a VERY high percentage rate of failing on you again? I would suggest you get your system fixed either via MS's new "3 year" extended warranty or by yourself with the XClamp mod. The last thing you should do as an educated consumer is continue to support MS by giving them yet MORE money....that won't help fix anything and further propagates the problem.

If I where you I would use that money to get a new PS3 (at the price drop) and fix your 360 so your money is more wisely spent. That is of course if you don't have a PS3 already, then I would suggest a Nintendo Wii, and if you have all 3 then put it towards a nice monitor etc. (get where I am going) either way THINK about whatever your choices are before just buying another hardware flawed system.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  5. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

I am gonna look at doing the x clamp mod next weekend and see if it does the trick. I would buy another one as i like the console.
    Am not too fussed about owning other consoles as i dont really have time to play this one, so owning 3 would be a nightmare :)

hopefully i'll get it fixed though :)

6. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Just send it to MS,why risk messing it up even more if you try the X-clamp replacment

7. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

because i dont have the original case, dvd cover and warranty stickers anymore.
    The x clamp doesnt look too hard, if it meses it up more then i'm not too fussed.

8. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Good luck....

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  9. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

what's this x-clamp mod.

but dude don't worry. all existing 360s are covered by MS, so all you have to do is send it in. It's still hassle, but better than paying out the $.

i have played Forza2 for mayeb 5 hours, and no probelm. btu im scared to play it. i don't want my hacked baby to die because you can't just pay $400 to get a hacked console.

10. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

He cant because he doesnt have the original case the 360 came with(with the serial number)and he case modded his DVD drive.Oh and check out this link for the x-clamp mod http://rbjtech.bulldoghome.com/pages/rbjtech_bulldoghome_com/XClamp.htm

11. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

I have also seen a mod that replaces the rubber on the memory which seems to be getting good reviews .I may do both while the box is in pieces :)
    heres what i am talking about Memory Chip Rubber Replacement
    anyone else heard of this?

12. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

Sorry, just an update. I have now done the Xclamp replacement and all works fine.
    Was suprisingly easy to do too and now my console runs about 10 degrees cooler.
    No need to waste my hard earned cash on a new console.
    :)

13. wkdclwn

wkdclwn Member

I havnt played this game in a while.. but i put in quite a few hours on it and never had a problem.