1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forza Motosport 2 Freezes.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Spenman91, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I have been playing Forza alot lately and just a minute ago I paused it briefly and then started playing again. All of a sudden the road disappeared and said unable to read disk. The disk is new and has no scratches or anything on it. I tried it again and it won't go past this certain race. Has anyone else had a problem similar to this?

2. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

i had a similar problem to this, i got up to a certain race and at the same point each time it would freeze and give me multi coloured blocks on the screen. after about 5 trys of this my box died with the 3 red lights :-(

3. malinki

malinki Regular member

its a known issue with forza, have a look at the official forza forums, loads of people have been having the same sort of problem

4. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Thanks for the replies. My 360 has been messing up quite a bit lately, so I guess I will soon be one of the %30 with a dead 360.

5. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

if you have a warranty take it back, if not go ahead and send it to MS they have a 3 year warranty on them now.

6. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I got my 360 last May so it's a little over a year old already so I can't take it back to the store. But I haven't gotten 3 red lights yet, just laggy HD movie playback and occasional game lag (not online). And bad framerates in some games such as COD3 and THP8. But here lately it freezes in Forza and gives me a disk error (which apparently is common. So I didn't know if it was worth the trouble sending it back to MS if I didn't have red lights yet. I have also heard that if I do send it they will just give me a refurbished system anyway which I really wouldn't want. I'm thinking about riding it out until they start putting the cooler chipset in them. If my current 360 will last though, then I can get a new PS3 instead of a new Elite with better cooling. It just depends on what my current 360 does I guess. 360 comes first, the PS3 could be a bonus.