1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FoxPro memo field

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by LeosTichy, Mar 13, 2016.

1. LeosTichy

LeosTichy Newbie

I have a corrupt FPT file that I cannot repair. The DBF that is associated with it has 52 records of information. Ive pin-pointed where the corrupted fields are. I have a memo field with the name mplacement. There are exactly 4 so called corrupted records in the mplacement field. The corruption starts at record 18. Records 18 21 seem to be the corrupted ones. Records 1 17 seem to display information correctly. When I export the information from this DBF into an XLS, it only goes to record 17 and then quits, leaving the rest of the records out. When I open the FPT with a Hex Editor, the data displayed ends with record 17, like there is no more data.

Here’s the tricky part. When I open the application and go into 4 records (other than the 4 corrupted ones) and enter data into that mplacement memo field, it magically fixes the FPT and I dont get the Error 41, Memo file is missing or invalid anymore. When I open the FPT back up in a Hex Editor, it shows me records 1 17 and my newly added data for the 4 entries at the bottom. I still can’t seem to recover all of the data from the memo field from records 18 52. Ive got backups (at the time of corruption) of the DBF and FPT so I can try anything. Any help is much appreciated.

VinceSomogyi likes this.
  2. LeosTichy

LeosTichy Newbie

Hi, Thank you for your time and great help. I really appreciate your feedback and I am very thankful for your time and support. Solved!
    Many thanks.