1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Framerate audio problem

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Grabulatr, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Grabulatr

Grabulatr Member

Prelude: I have been trying to encode a dvd to divx by this guide: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd2divx_anamorphic.cfm
    DVD2AVI > VFAPI frame server codec thing > CDex to convert audio > virtualdub
    I have also tried gordian knot and auto GK with no luck.

I'm having a problem getting the audio to work. After I encode the divx, in order to get the audio to work I have to fast forewared into the movie a little then back to the beginning, then it works fine. I believe it is a problem with framerate. DVD2AVI identifies the movie as FILM (23.976fps)so I use the force film feature to get rid of that interlaced looking stuff. When I get it all into virtualdub and I encode using different frame rate options the audio behaves differently depending on the changes I make to frame rate. Also when I view the frame rate options in virtualdub after loading both the audio and video, it gives me an option "change so video and audio durations match (24.426)" while the video is at 23.976. So this would lead me to believe that the audio is 24.426fps (if there is such a thing as audio having a frame rate) and the video is 23.976fps. If anyone has any ideas on how to correct this or any other ideas on the matter I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

2. Grabulatr

Grabulatr Member

Update:
    I have concluded that this is probably an issue with dvd2avi decoding the audio to a wrong framerate. I tried to use besweet to change the framerate but it made the audio a "higher pitch". Does anyone have a solution?

3. tailschao

tailschao Regular member