1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frameserving with Virtualdub and TMPGEnc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by OzzmosisD, Jan 9, 2004.

1. OzzmosisD

OzzmosisD Member

I am having trouble converting files over to VCD format when using TMPGEnc. I read in one of the guides on this site to try and frameserve with virtualdub, however I cannot find any guides on how to frameserve. I've searched but everything I've come up with doesn't seem to explain how to do this. Could someone fully explain this for me or point me in the right direction? Thanks.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

To Frameserve with Virtual dub you have to Do this :
    #1) First go into the Virtual Dub folder and run the "Auxsetup.exe" file and choose "Install Handler" then click OK and close the window...
    #2) Now Run Virtual Dub ,and then Load in your AVI file ,You can set up the Filters you want to use like you would if you were going to render a file to AVI..
    #3) When you are done with your Settings ECT go to "File" to "Start Frameserver" and a Little window will Pop up and you click the "Start" button and it will ask you to name and save the Frameserver file ,Make sure you give it a ".vdr" extention Like "File-name.vdr" ..
    #4) Now the V-Dub window will Dissapear and you will have a File with a VDR extention were you saved it to ,Now you just run Tmpgenc and load in the VDR File as the Video source in Tmpgenc and encode Like normal..If it gives you a Error saying "Can Not Open Or Unsupported" then you will have to go to "Options" to Enviromental Settings to "Vfapi Plugins" and disable the "Direct show File Reader" Now the VDR Frameserver file should load Properly and you can encode Like normal......Cheers