1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freakin' Out; Pandora Questions

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by inkalex, Dec 27, 2007.

1. inkalex

inkalex Member

All righty, here's my situation:

I have a psp slim that I bought like five days ago. I want to downgrade with the Pandora's battery using Ben Heck's method of hardmodding the battery. However, I'm not sure if my battery is able to be pandorized since it's a new one and I read on Fanjita's site that new batteries aren't able to be converted.

It's a PSP-S110 model, 3.6v, 1200mah.

So before I go pulling pins, I was hoping some of you fine people can tell me if my new battery can indeed be pandorized. And, if so, would I be able to reverse it and make my hard-modded battery normal again?

If I can to all these questions (with the exception of reversing the battery), can someone tell me where to find the total newbi easy installer? I can't find it anywhere >_< And I also need the kd and registry files mentioned in his post to make the magic memory stick.

Thanks for your help!

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

the kd and registry are illegal to distribute, so don't even ask. the totalnewbi installer can be found easily on google.

all OFFICIAL fat batteries can be hardmodded; new batteries can't be flashed to pandora's. any fake batteries shouldn't be even tried to be hardmodded.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  3. inkalex

inkalex Member

How can I distinguish a new fat battery that can't be pandorized and an old fat battery that can? My friend is going to lend me his battery but he doesn't know how old it is since he got it from a friend.

Thanks for your help.

And sorry about the kd and registry question. I had no idea they were illegal.

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

if the battery is originally from the psp, then it'll work. any batteries that were purchased separately have a 50/50 chance, since the date is unknown.

if you're hardmodding, then it won't matter. the board layout is different, but still can be hardmodded.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  5. inkalex

inkalex Member

Awesome, thank you for responding! Now I'm off to downgrade!