1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Alternative to DVDremake?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by klemperal, Jun 17, 2007.

1. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Well, the title asks it all. I probably wouldn't be asking if vobblanker could blank cells and strip at the same time. Bottom line is I'm having to use vobblanker twice and then pgcedit for editing buttons and commands. Anyone out there know of one such program that can do it all that isn't DVDremake pro, and more imortantly, that's free?

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

There's no free tool that can do all of it.

3. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

I figured that might be the case. Thanks for the reply.

4. vurbal

You're welcome.

5. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

I think you are using the free alternative VobBlanker + PGCEdit. Together I think they are better than DVDRemake (actually I use IFOEdit to strip streams most of the time). I have DRM and I have used it only a couple of times.

6. vurbal

I would definitely say DRM Pro is hands down the best program for DVD editing, but I can always understand people not wanting (or being able) to pay for it. Given what you can do with VobBlanker and PGCEdit I completely understand why people use them instead.
    You sir are crazy, but without really crazy people like you the slightly less crazy people like me wouldn't have anyone to learn from ;) I've worked enough with IfoEdit to appreciate all the work that went into getting where we are and how good we've got it now.

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I have to agree with vurbal. no other single app will do what dvdremake pro can do. no it's not free but the best (usually) costs money plus you get free lifetime updates. only exception to this rule I know of is ripit4me as the best ripping utility but they got shut down. I would gladly pay for RI4M if I could buy a version that wouldn't get shutdown and included free lifetime updates.

8. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Yeah your right--if you want the best/convenience your gonna have to pay for it. Pgcedit and voblanker are great though and the fact that neither one of them cost a dime makes them even better. I might have gotten a little spoiled from all the great freeware we have at our disposal :)

9. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

LOL!! I do everything the long and complicated way. I've written guides as long as 250 pages on editing DVDs (lost it in a format of my HDD, so all that effort was for nothing...). Even my Newbie guides end up being over 25 pages...

But yeah, DRM is worth the money.

10. syxguns

syxguns Active member

I agree 100% with you on that. There are so many options that DRMP has that the freebies don't. I love having the ability to change, remove, edit, and re-structure (although I'm not really good at that one yet)!

I used the freebie software for years, but their comes a time when spending a little money is worth it!!

11. vurbal

Absolutely right....even if I didn't technically have to cough up any money for it. If I had realized how good it was (and how much better it would get) I would have.

12. firewife

firewife Member

help me please i am trying to download a few movies and i have no clue what to do will any one help me??

13. syxguns

syxguns Active member

firewife-
    Could you perhaps be a little more specific? Download from what site? Have you used WinRar or WinZip to unzip the download? Or are you trying to copy from an original? We will need a little more information before we can be of assistance.

Thank you!)

14. vurbal

Not in a thread about DVD editing software. Please start a new thread instead of hijacking this one.