1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free DVD Ripper?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by makyamon, Mar 3, 2003.

1. makyamon

makyamon Guest

Hello, everyone. What was the best free dvd copy software that you recommend? Please let me know.

2. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

4. hoike

hoike Member

Free dvd copy software, uh. Ifoedit for advance users and dvdsplit for newbies.

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

No, free dvd ripper m8.

Shoey

6. PDR60

PDR60 Guest

The best I foud is dvd::rip under linux. Its full of options and its fast and quality is top notch.
    here is the link,

http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/

7. Shoey

Shoey Guest

DVD rips are hardware compliant m8. You can't make a DVD-ROM rip a dvd faster with software. It relies mainly on how fast a particular dvd-rom can rip a movie. Some are slow, some are blazin' fast, some are in between.

Shoey

8. PDR60

PDR60 Guest

True to a point. Some rippers allow the hardware to function at full speed ie. caching and ram usage. Mostly it depends on the hardware and the underlying os.

9. Surrey

Surrey Member

Anyone tried using DVDx for ripping DVDs? It's a free download (see www.LabDV.com) for ripping DVDs to CD/VCD, but also works for DVDs as well.
    I can rip (backup) a full DVD to a .MPG (MPEG 2) file overnight, and then then burn that as a new DVD. Have to keep the MPG under 3GB by using a suitable reduced video bit rate and keep the screen size to 720 x 486.