1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free HD Loader on Memory Card

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Destron, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Destron

Destron Member

Hey there,

Thanks to your forums, I've got the ARMax/MaxDrive save exploit on my PS2 and it works great. Im running the "Free HD Loader" off the memory card (you know, the PS1 game boot trick), and all works great...

However.. Ive tried renaming the HDLOADER.ELF to BOOT.ELF and just get a black screen after the PS1 game is loaded. Ive tried setting which program is to be loaded in the TITLE.DB file, but still does the same thing. Is there a way to get the Free HD Loader to load directly after inserting the PS1 game, rather than having to go through the green/text menu (R1, MC0, etc.)??

... or alternatively, is this HDAdvance I hear of so much any better?

What are the chances of anyone sending a .max save file to me, as I use the MaxDrive USB Drive to transfer saves over (no, the PS2 is not modded in any way).

Thanks for your help!

--edit-- Uh... the "Free HD Loader" isn't 'Pirate', is it? This is my first post.. please be gentle. I assumed it was legit as it will not let you copy backup games using it...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  2. yellow13

yellow13 Member

Check your private messages inbox please.

3. spitifire

spitifire Member

hey man, if your still checkin this, i was wondering if you could tell me how to do the armax usb thing to get the exploit to the memory card. i bought armax basically to do this and now i cant figure it out