1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free mcboot 1.8 error, it's not reading the dvds that it read before!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by 0Elix0, Apr 8, 2012.

1. 0Elix0

0Elix0 Member

hey guys,

please help me with this issue that i got recently. I bought an 8mb ps2 memory card with mcboot installed in it, and I was able to backup Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Symphonia, Final Fantasy X-2 and some others, it was working perfectly, but one day when I was playing tales of the abyss I went into a battle and the game froze, the music was still playing but the image was frozen, so I turned off the ps2 and when I turned it back on, after the mcboot logo appeared, it gave me the message "The disc could not be read", now that happens with all the games that I had backed up and that were working normally, I tried with an original one and it works normally so it's not the lens, I also tried reinstalling mcboot on another memory card but still the same :S

My ps2 model is SCPH-70001 slim, the only thing that doesn't work are backed up games, I also tried to run the ps2 without disk and opening the ESR from the menu, then inserting the game and launching the DVD, it gets to the part were it starts loading the colors, but then it stays a long time on the pink, it finishes the secquence, but after that it's just a black screen... I also backed up the games again correctly patched and everything.

I don't know what's going on...I'll appreciate your help with this! Thanks!

2. Qwertechno

Qwertechno Member

Have you tried burning them on a lower speed?