1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

free mcboot problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by H_baz, Feb 11, 2012.

1. H_baz

H_baz Member

I installed fmcb in my memory card successfully and it worked in my ps2,but the problem is when I entered my memory card in another ps2 it gave black screen.
    Can any one fix this problem,please?

someone told me that fmcb works with the same region and with the same mc.

But I know a man that he can install many regions in one mc, but he doesn't want to tell me that, he can install this(BIEXEC-SYSTEM,BEEXEC-SYSTEM,BAEXEC-SYSTEM) and mc works in all ps2 regions.I saw that myself.
    Please help!!!!!

2. Kannz

Kannz Regular member

there is no way for a multi region install for freemcboot you have to have a separate memory card for each region I believe. these are the options of an install for freemcboot Installer Options:
    Free McBoot MUST be installed to a Memory Card and can not be copied off another. A copy will only work on the MC it was installed on.
    Cross Region installations will not work! This means installing with a console from one region will not work on another console from a different region.
    Normal install will install the required system files for your console version..
    Multi-Version install will install additional files for other console versions of the same region to work with the same MC.
    Launch fmcb will load the newly installed Free McBoot .
    fmcb configurator Launches the Configurator Application
    format mc If you dont have anything worth saving on the MC, then format the card for a better chance of a successful install.
    uninstall multi-version reverts a multi-install to normal install.

go here and learn how to install freemcboot for yourself.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  3. H_baz

H_baz Member

I understand you, but I saw these folders (BIEXEC-SYSTEM,BEEXEC-SYSTEM,BAEXEC-SYSTEM)in one mc,and it works with most models of ps2.
    He told me that he didn't copy them,but he installs them someway,he never wants to tell me that way.I saw these files in one of that folders(osd110.elf,osd120.elf,osd130.elf,osd140.elf,osd150.elf,osd160.elf,osdmain.elf,FMCB.icn,icon)and also they are found in the other folders.
    Every single file has 66kb except FMCB.icn and icon.
    Believe me!!

4. Kannz

Kannz Regular member

you may understand me but i don't understand you. those files are part of freemcboot even the Memento modded memory card thing has those theyre "installed" with freemcboot. the guy you were talkin to is right you cant just "copy" a freemcboot install it needs to actually go through a install process it wont work just coping it from one memory card to another. the link i posted in post #2 shows you how to install it.

5. H_baz

H_baz Member

I will make you understand
    this folder(BAEXEC-SYSTEM)works with Asia region
    and this(BEEXEC-SYSTEM)works with Europe region
    and(BJEXEC-SYSTEM)works with Japan region.
    As I told you he puts them somehow,and MC WORKS with ALL those region.
    Note:That guy has ONE console and he can do those things.
    Believe me!!Believe me!!!Believe me!!!

6. Kannz

Kannz Regular member

i guess with the new installer cross region installs are possible.. take a look at this thread it has all the links in it to the installer and how to use it. have fun ^^

7. H_baz

H_baz Member

Thank you so much!!!

8. Kannz

Kannz Regular member

no problem I'm glad you found what you where looking for ^^