1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free software which is faster

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by kalps999, Jun 11, 2004.

1. kalps999

kalps999 Member

Hello, I have been using TMPGen for converting Avi to dvd file but it takes very long nearly about 30 hours for conversion. can anyone tell me which is the best free software to use which takes less hours for conversion and which is absolutely free.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

There isn"t any...Tmpgenc is the Only encoder that is Sort of Free, well actually it is Free for Mpeg1 encodeing and you get 30 days of Mpeg2 encodeing...

Your Problem isn"t that Tmpgenc is slow it is that your PC is Slow...On my PC it takes about 3 hours to encode a 2 Hour movie to Mpeg2/DVD, with Tmpgenc and when useing the encoder I usually use which is CCE SP 2.67 it takes about an hour for a 2 hour movie to DVD...

You should really think about upgradeing your PC to something Faster, You can get a New Motherboard and a 2.5ghz CPU on Ebay for about $100 then you would be able to encode your Files in a Reasonable ammount of time.....well good luck

Last edited: Jun 11, 2004
  3. kalps999

kalps999 Member

Hi Thanks for your Reply. I want to know is CCE SP 2.67 is an encoder and what the price of this software. and where should i get this software from.
    bye.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes CCE SP 2.67 is a Very High Quality and Fast encoder but it is Too expensive for most poeple to afford because it sells for about $2000 ,But there is a CCE Basic version that is Just as Fast and produces simular Quality that sells for $58, Quite a differente In Price ehh?? But you need a PC of at least 1.0ghz to Use these encoders and at least 256mb of ram....
    You can Buy the Basic version here:
    http://www.cinemacraft.com/eng/ccebasic.html

If you have a Slow PC then even when useing these encoders it would still take quite a while to Encode....Good Luck