1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free solution (slim ps2)

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Lowfront, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Lowfront

Lowfront Member

I have been searching and searching trying to find a free solution to playing my (of course legal) back ups of my ps2 games.

It appears like everything requires to have a swap magic disk. There isn't a way to get this program working without actually having a real copy of the disk?

I don't understand how this can be. How come there is no back up of swap magic that works?

So is there actually a free way to play back up games?

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

to get copies working without a modchip, you WILL NEED swapmagic, retail disc or elf file. there is no way to run a copied game right away. the ps2 will not recognize the disc.

a downloaded/copied disc of swapmagic will not work because the disc is not pressed. pressed discs contains certain sectors that cannot be copied during burning.

most owners that have the original fat ps2, that don't want a modchip, use the memory card exploit, network adapter, and a big hdd to play their games. i personally use the memory card exploit, as it doesn't run off the disc, therefore having very little loading times.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  3. LEO786

LEO786 Member

check this thread out. this is the ultimate solution.
    click here

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007