1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

free streaming audio recorder

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by oldkraut48, Apr 1, 2013.

1. oldkraut48

oldkraut48 Member

Does anyone out there know of a 100% free streaming audio recorder that can be downloaded from the net. I have dealt with several that claimed to be totally free, only to find after you have downloaded them that they are trial ware. I had a little recorder on my old XP machine that worked beautifully, but unfortunately it will not work with windows 7. Know there has got to be something out there that would work for me. Don't need anything fancy just a basic recorder that will record streaming audio, save it to either MP3 or wav., and works with Windows 7 64 bit system. Thanks.

Ted

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

try that same one, and install it in your windows7 machine and make it compatible with windows xp service pack 3. long day at work and cant be bothered checking myself, but you have a compatible list on 7 and its dead easy, no offence

3. paul_doo

paul_doo Member

Try , Free Sound Recorder, It is free Not 100% sure if fits all your needs though.

4. oldkraut48

oldkraut48 Member

Went on line looking for the recorder I had with my old XP machine as Tongs007 suggested. In that process I came across Apowersoft free audio recorder. So far it has seems to do what I have wanted it to do and is compatible with windows 7. Very easy to use and in some ways easier to use that my old XP recorder. Thanks to all who responded.

Ted

5. DerfDude

DerfDude Member

I had the same issue, I miss XP. I'm on Win7 now too. This works for me:
    Foobar2000 + lame_enc.dll < With that you can record any audio stream that plays in Foobar2000. TIP: The dll gets placed in Foobar's app folder, or the plug-ins folder, I just put it in both. You may need to turn on the 'convert' audio function in Foobar. Then when a stream is playing, you can right click the title>convert and so on..
    If it's a flash stream, I have had success with the Firefox add-on Video DownloadHelper.