1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freedom Fighters DVD+R

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jgrems, Oct 6, 2003.

1. jgrems

jgrems Member

what is needed to successfully burn Freedom Fighters on a DVD+R disc. Please help me..thanks alot..i have the cd swap mod chip...v7ps and the v7 beta cd loader..the game loads up the ea games screen then freezes.

2. what9612

what9612 Member

i backed mine up using nero and i have a flip top w/ smd, worked fine for me i also used a DVD+R

Last edited: Oct 6, 2003
  3. Gotti2002

Gotti2002 Member

what9612, what Version PS2 do you have? You didn't need to use a CDLoader? Me and alot of other people have been having the problem of the game stopping after the EA Games intro. So this would really help.

4. jgrems

jgrems Member

yes tell us how you managed to get it to work without even a cd loader...thanx.

5. what9612

what9612 Member

i have a v4 and i use Dvd+r's Memorex and i have swap magice disc and have no problems with it. I did have a problem with NHL 2004

6. Codered

Codered Member

I'm using swap magic, and Memorex DVD+r's And my copy would start to load and then it would say "Please insert a Playstation or Playstation2 Disc"

so something is wrong.. I copied it using Nero 6.

EDIT: I just got my PS2 1 month ago and it came with the network adapter, so It's the newest model.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2003
  7. jgrems

jgrems Member

it seems that the v4's play them I do think..i have the same brand of media...and i have successfully burnt every other dvdr game that I have tried..i guess we will just have to wait for the V 3.O swap discs..

8. jk323

jk323 Guest

trying using dvd dr thats what i did with madden and rugby i copied it and sometimes it would work and sometimes it would freeze i used dvd dr repair service and backed it up again it worked fine im using 3 different types of media tdk dvd-r 2x,fuji dvd+r 2.4x,and memorex dvd +r 4x try using different software like cdrwin or alcohol 120% nero sometimes has problems and cannot copy every game out there especially games or anything copyrighted
    playstation2 v7 (newest model no network adapter)
    swap magic 2.0 w/ slide card and cdloader beta

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2003
  9. jk323

jk323 Guest

has anyone played this game yet it works with mod chip on v7 but wont load up on my sisters ps2 with swap magic and slide card v7 anyone has had this error with freedom fighters please post what is wrong and how to boot the game up on a v7 ps2 with swap discs and slide card thanks even cdloader wont work

10. jk323

jk323 Guest

what version ps 2 do u have *what9612*

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2003
  11. what9612

what9612 Member

i have a v4

12. lillee337

lillee337 Member

I think we are hit without a modchip on this game and possibly these next few months worth of games that are coming. I don't have much faith in the SMD 3.0 being able to get around something as ugly as this. But I hope I'm wrong.

13. Jake2003

Jake2003 Regular member

I have a v5 ps2 with a messiah chip and whenever I put in freedom fighters (original-NOT A COPY) it goes to the ea screen and then goes blank. Ive never had this problem before and Ive been reading stuff about a cd loader-would that work-if not-what would?

14. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

Hi. Yesterday I just made a backup of the Freedom Fighters and it worked great. I have swap magic 2 and use the slide-card method. I have a version 4 ps2 and burnt it on a memorex 4x dvd+r using the program Recordnow Max.

15. lanky

lanky Member

hi
    im very new here, and was wondering if anyone could tell me if my playsation V4 (australia) could play back ups that are on dvd+r's?

16. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the only way to be shure if your v4 ps2 will play +r backups is to try one(preferably a known working backup on a +r disc)most v4's will play +r discs but some wont its basicly its like this v1-3 wont play +r some v4 will play +r v5 onwards all play +r all ps2's will play -r

Last edited: Nov 1, 2003
  17. lanky

lanky Member

Thanks very much for that. i guess if it dosnt i will have to buy a dvd burner that does -r as well.

thanks again

18. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member