1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

freegamessource.com.Real or fake?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Pontius, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

I found a website that claims to dend a FREE xbox.You have to enter your email and your address.I think its fake.What do you all think?

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

The simple answer is to give them your e-mail and home address. After waiting three months and they still haven't sent you a free xbox then you'll know ;)

3. Haoser

Haoser Member

Yeh It's pretty much a scam. Other related ones are Freedinnerpass.com, Freeflatscreens.com, Giftfox.com, and countless others. They take your info and then you go through screen after screen of promo offers in which you answer yes or no. Then when you think it's almost over, they take you to screens saying you MUST complete an offer on this page, then 2 offers on the next page, etc. And it says "Last Step" on 5 different steps! lol
    Most of the offers involve buying something. You might actually spend more money completing these tasks than the cost of an xbox, and I wouldn't bet on then following through anyways. I subscribed to AOL broadband before I realized I was being strung along.

4. aceface

aceface Member

and after they get all ya nfo prepare for loads of spam no doubt

5. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

freeflatscreens.com one isnt a scam though its just hard as eff to complete. since u need 8 people to sogn up under you and complete a referal. so thats why alot of people dont gget anything since its hard to get 5 for the ipod and u need 8 for the Flatscreen lol

6. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

on FreeFlatScreens.com do you have to buy anything or just fill out info? (like for referrals)

7. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

^ well the thing is that runs people off to these offers is that you have to use a credit card to complete and offer like signing up to columbia house records etc.. or signing up for aol.. u can cancel these thigns once u get credit. i dont do the freeflatscreen.com but i just need about 2 referals for the freeipodnow.com site so im hoping to get mine soon

8. electrox

electrox Member

Ok... I am going to say this once... once... ONCE!

Four sites out of all of these "get it free" are covered by TechTV, NBC 7 News, CNN News, Wired.com news and more as being legit.
    They are freeipods, freeflatscreens, freedesktoppc, and freehandbags. I'm sure others work, its just there isn't such a public following proving they work.

I am involved with the freeipods one as its the least amount of work to get one. Basicaly involves you signing up with a service (sometimes even completely free like infone) then having 5 people use your referral link then you get either a 20GB ipod/hp+ipod, ipod mini, or $250 gift certificates for itunes.

To see VIDEO PROOF of tech tv and NBC 7 and articles about this working (at least for the ipod one), http://freetheipod.info/ has links to them, and soon have simplified information on each offer available.

Get it out of your head that all offers are scams, this is as tech tv says "a scheme, but NOT a scam"

9. marcelita

marcelita Guest

I completed five of the offers that I had to in order to get the Xbox. Today 3 months later I did not only not received any reply from them, but a load of spam. Plus I spend almost $100 doing the stupid offers. I cant tell you how I want to sue them. Right now Im trying to identify that company to start a case on court. Did this happen to some one else here?