1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeing up space on HD

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by zebbedy12, Sep 27, 2004.

1. zebbedy12

zebbedy12 Member

Hi guys, im using decrypt to rip and burn my dvds, the problem that im getting is when i have finished doing a disk and i erase the iso file off my HD, the icon dissapears but my HD is still showing that the space that it took up on my HD is not available. eg before i decrypt a film, i have say 12 gb space, after decrypt, i have 7.5 gb of space, if i put another film on the space is reduced to 3 gb. after i erase them from my HD, the space available should return to 12 gb, but for some reason i only have the 3 gb left to play with. anyone who can solve this problem will be forever in my heart. thanx in advance.

2. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

When you delete a file it goes to your recycle bin. Just empty your bin and it should free up space on your hd, hopefully =)

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Do you have Norton System Works? If so, you need to delete the protected files also.

4. zebbedy12

zebbedy12 Member

thanks mate, i do have norton, i was afraid to delete protected files uncase i done something bad. never mind i can do it now, thanks once again