1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freez DVD Ripper

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by ufunuo, May 10, 2007.

1. ufunuo

ufunuo Member

2. Sebright

Sebright Guest

I've tried it. It gives excellent results in XVID format, and is really simple to use.
    The problem I had is that there doesn't seem to be any way to remove subtitles during the conversion, so unless you want permanent subtitles, you have to start with a version with no subtitles tracks at all.
    If anyone knows how to remove unwanted subtitles within the program, I'd be grateful to know.

3. vicflange

vicflange Member

I have used Freez several times now. It runs super fast and gives cracking results. The subtitles do seem to be a problem so I run Anydvd in the back ground and put the subtitle setting in Anydvd to transparent and Freez encodes an AVI with no subtitles. Hopefully the programme itself will be updated with this issue resolved. Meanwhile the Anydvd method works fine.

VF

4. Sebright

Sebright Guest

Just a small update. On another forum I saw that someone who was using the flv converter from the same site found that he was asked for $5 registration after he used it 10 times (apparently it added a HKEY entry to his registry). I don't know if the same thing happens with this program, but suspect it may.
    Now, I'd be quite happy to send the producer $5, because it's a useful utility.
    I emailed him about this, asking for his Paypal address, and mentioning that it would be better to mention this up front (the freeware v. payware issue) but I haven't had a reply so far.

5. Sebright

Sebright Guest

It says it's free to use and register, but if you try to register, you have to buy the program for $29.95--the free registration is no longer available, though still advertised on the Freez website. Very misleading