1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

freeze and skip an a copied dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by josue1108, Dec 6, 2003.

1. josue1108

josue1108 Member

HI,I READ ON ONE OF THE MASSAGES THAT THE CAUSE OF THE FREEZING AND SKIPPING OF THE RECORDED DVD-R WAS THE MEDIA WHICH MEDIA YOU RECOMMEND FOR THE PIONEER DVR-06 DVD RECORDER
    SEND HELP THANK YOU........

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi josue,
    I'm using Memorex 4X +R right now, I've also used the same Imation -RWs several times with no problems. I'm using the same Pioneer DVR A-06. It seems to work with anything I put in it.

Why are you posting in all caps? Are you shouting? :D
    Frank
    check your source disc for problems as well, (scratches dirt etc) That's where I also find skipping and freezing problems._X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000[/small]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2003
  3. josue1108

josue1108 Member

no,no i am sorry about that i am new at this and thank you for replying so fast fasfrank,ya i am using the verbatim 4x at the speed 4x and i get the freezing and skipping idon't maybe i am using the wrong programs.....

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

So which programs are you using?

5. josue1108

josue1108 Member

i am using dvd shrink 3.0 beta 5 the recording with clone dvd but i also have dvdxcopy platinum
    and i still get the same problem do you think the movies are to large and the programs can only do so much............

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I think you have a problem with your media or your source disc. Shrink 3.0 automaticly sizes the movie to fit, but if it is a big movie, too much compression could cause a quality problem. Here's what I would do: First I would get some RW media to experiment with. Then I would try a different source disc to rip. I would look for a resonable amount of compression, say 65 to 70%. Then burn it to the RW disc.
    If you have CloneDVD, why not try using it with it's partner AnyDVD? Its a cool program that remains pretty much invisible in the background, It decrypts everything before other programs see the files. I've used it with Shrink, Nero recode, Decrypter and of course with CloneDVD.
    Frank

7. josue1108

josue1108 Member

thank you again i will purchase some dvd-rw as soon as this snow storm gives up then download anydvd and try it,can i write to you if any ? you where very helpfull fasfrank,thanks.........

8. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Good luck to you, josue! Hope you come back and let us know how things work.
    Stay warm,
    Frank