1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

freeze at end of movie

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by daledog, Mar 26, 2005.

1. daledog

daledog Member

here's my problem. i'm using dvd shrink and nero. i'm having problems when i burn at 4 speed. movie freezes at the end usally around the last two chapters. i have the target set at 4300. when i burn at 8 speed everything is fine. i use tdk or verbatim -r have problems with both. can anybody help me with this problem, because i've always heard its best to burn at 4 speed.

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Burn at 4X. Better chance of success.

3. daledog

daledog Member

that the problem when i burn at 4 the movie freezes at the end.

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

If 8X works for you great. I don't belive in trying to fix something that's not broken.

4X is usually useful when one is getting write errors and a slower speed generally produces fewer errors.

5. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

Yeah if 8x works for you then go with it. Some burners are pickier than others or it could just be a media problem. TDK is not a very good brand, but Verbatim is one of my favorites. Ive backed up over 300 movies with Verbatim DVD+R at 4x and never a coaster or any errors. I think that switching to +R will help you a bit, but I dont know what your reason for using -R is.

6. bizzle93

bizzle93 Member

what kind of burner do you have? cuase I know my lite-on is very picky when it comes to the - disc.

7. daledog

daledog Member

my lite on is sohw 1613s

8. bizzle93

bizzle93 Member

Thats the same lite-on I have. I had the same problem with xbox games when I was backing them up with the - disc....they would run choppy when burned at 4x but fine if at 6x or 8x. so I started using Taiyo Yudens and they work fine now at 4x, and I never had a problem burning at 4x + when using Ritek Ridata. I heard the lite-ons just don't like the - disc aswell.

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i have a sony dru-700a, which is a rebadged liteon sohw-832S. I use only -R discs, and i only use Sony firmware. Computers - pah!