1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeze problems.....

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by cjk1975, Oct 31, 2004.

1. cjk1975

cjk1975 Member

I have a few movies that I have backed up that will freeze during play back in my DVD palyer. I have tried different DVD players and still get the freeze. 90% of the time the movie will freeze towards the end. Any ideas? I have a plextor DVD burner and have used various dvd media.

Thanks

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

cjk1975 ,
    Welcome to the forum,
    The symptoms you describe are usually caused by inferior blank media or by burning too close to the edge. Try using Branded blank media like Ritek of Verbatim. Go to this site: http://www.videohelp.com/
    and under Lists on the left side you will see DVD Writers and DVD Players. Now under the appropriate heading enter the Make and model # f the burner and player. Now you will be carried to a list and that list will be blank media others have tried w/ that burner or player. Try to match up from both lists blank media that you can use.

As far as the other problem if you are using Shrink or another program that will allow you to change the size of the burn change it to 4300 so you will not be burning to the outer rim

3. cjk1975

cjk1975 Member

I had been using ProdiscS03. Would that fall into the low grade media type? I'll look at adjusting the size so that I stay away from the edge.

Thanks for the help

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

cjk1975,
    IMHO Yeah. Some burners and players can use that brand. I only use Ritek, Verbatim or T.Yudens and have never had a coaster due to media