1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

freezes at 'insert disc' screen

Discussion in 'PS2' started by motopro, Oct 27, 2004.

1. motopro

motopro Member

i have a fliptop which i just installed, everything is fuctioning properly. i open the top, insert my SMDVD2.0, turn on the ps2, and at the insert disc screen, i swap with my backed up game. but it doesn't do anything, i can hear it reading and spinning the disc, but it just freezes, no border color, just black. btw, im using a DVD-R which is Staples brand. I know there might be a problem with the disc, but i just want to clarify if im doing anything wrong or if its the disc. Also, i hit the eject button to eject button to eject the try with my fliptop installed, and it gets stuck when it tries to go back it. i have to force it in. anything i can do?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  3. motopro

motopro Member

ok it seemed to get pass the freezing stage, i guess i just had to wait a little bit, but the border turned pinkish/red... should i try a different brand of media? if so which kind? im pretty sure i backed it up correctly

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

ok a red border usualy means a bad burn either try writing at a slower speed or try a different brand of media (i have no idea of the quality of staples brand media), the most recomended brands of media are ritek, verbatim, tdk and fuji, some people also have success with memorex but there discs seem to vary in quality