1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freezes on power up with 1 red light

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by tiny35, Apr 12, 2007.

1. tiny35

tiny35 Member

What kind of failure is it when you power up the 360 and then it freezes at the 360 logo with one red light showing? This is the premium version of the 360..with HDD

2. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

k take off ur 360 hd and blow the dust of the connector on both sides and put it back on and let me know if that worked.

3. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

I just started having this problem, the 360 freezes on startup or a few seconds into a game. I only got the one red light once without any error codes. After I got the red light, I unplugged everything plugged it back in, started the 360 and it froze again. I turned it off, took the hard drive and blew any dust on the connectors, started it up, same situation.

From reading other info on posts and sites, it appears that my HDD is going bad..........does this sound like a good diagnosis, or could it be something else?

4. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

Does anybody have any other suggestions or did I answer my own question, that the HDD was going bad?

5. jamsie81

jamsie81 Member

try starting up without hdd attached then if successful you have answered your own question lol.

6. JoshyBoy

JoshyBoy Regular member

i have that too, i thinks its somethig to do with the dvd drive aswell, sometimes it doesnt let you open the disc tray. I just kept fiddling about with it, taking out HDD and leaveing it with all the wires out for a bit etc. then it worked, well so far anyway

7. steimy

steimy Active member

You may want to contact Microsoft about fixing it then.

8. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

Welp, I turned it on this morning and now I have the dreaded three lights. Guess I will be sending it back in now. Thanks for all the comments, really appreciate it.

RIP 360....Nov-2006 - Dec-2007

I have two 360's, one modded (the one that just died) and an unmodded elite. The modded 360's warranty sticker is noticeably cut at the 360 shell seam. I want to take the sticker from my elite, plop it on the other one and then send it in. Is their a better way to remove it than using a hair dryer?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  9. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

from this video I just foun, it appears that the hair dryer works in a matter of seconds. I thought it would take longer and have a chance of melting the shell plastic or something. I will report if I have any trouble getting MS to fix this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC1SFIFnW5M