1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freezing in the middle of a movie

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by tman7777, Mar 18, 2005.

1. tman7777

tman7777 Guest

I use decrypter and shrink and the last couple of movies burn fine but around 26 minutes in the movie starts to pixelize and finally freezes up. Anyone know what causing this?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The most common cause of your problem is cheap/poor quality blank media. What brand are you using?? Usually switching to a known good brand like Verbatim, TY, or Ritek will fix that problem. Other possible causes could be burning too fast or multitasking while burning. Check for programs running in the backgroung at startup and shut them down while burning. Good luck.

Jerry

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  3. tman7777

tman7777 Guest

I was kinda wondering about that. I bought a spindle and I am down to the last 5, that's when I started having problems. Those brands that you mentioned where does a guy buy them?

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I purchase my Ritek from http://www.mertiline.com. Another choice is Supermediastore.com. Verbatim you can find in some of the office supply stores like OfficeDepot or OfficeMax. Always try to get grade A blanks. I'm in the USA east coast, Meritline is on the west coast. I get my order in 5 days or less usually with free shipping.

Jerry

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  5. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

I like newegg.com. They sell Verbatum and Tiyo Yuden. Also if availible Sam's Club had a great price on Verbatum 100pk 8X media code(MCC003) $52.00 includes tax. Also remember this, the slower you burn the less errors you will have on disks. 4X seems to be what most people have the best results with personally my drive likes 6X on MCC003 verbatum media.

Good Luck

Spacedust