1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freezing PC because of BatchDPG?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by HG27, May 9, 2007.

1. HG27

HG27 Guest

Ok, here is my problem, I installed avisynth, microsoft.net framework v1.1 , and BatchDPG. I installed all this like two days ago, and just yesterday I uninstalled all this through the control panel and just deleted BatchDPG in programs folder because it wasn't in the control panel. So I then shutdown the computer to go somewhere, I come back boot up the computer and two minutes later the computer freezes and I can't do anything. I restart and it does it again. Any ideas?

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

BatchDPG wouldn't do this so that can be crossed off the list (it does not touch any Windows files at all)

AVIsynth may cause this if your computer is very slow at starting up (it maybe tries to auto load AVIsynth and it's not there?) though that should only result in an error message

If you have uninstalled the .NET framework I would recommend reinstalling it as there is a high chance that something else requires it (or a previous version you had overwritten with 1.1)

If all else fails just use System Restore to just before you removed everything then remove one at a time.

3. HG27

HG27 Guest

If I reinstall microsoft.net framework v1.1 and it fixes my problem, I can still always install a higher version though, can't I? It will just install over the previous version or delete it and install the newer version won't it?

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Yes, I am currently on .NET Framework 3 something.

5. HG27

HG27 Guest

Ok, I reinstalled everything that I had uninstalled, (batchDPG, avisynth, and microsoft.net framework v1.1)
    Now my pc works but is really slow at times and occasionally freezes still. I was wondering if I could just wipe the hard drive and reinstall the operating system, but will this change my status on Afterdawn or not? Does it change my ip address?

6. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

it will change neither, but you will lose all your informaton that you have not backed up.

7. HG27

HG27 Guest

That's good, so I'll just backup my data then I'll start over.
    Thanx!