1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freezing VCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Lazerous, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Lazerous

Lazerous Member

Hi got a problem with a film that I put on VCD

It appears to play fine on my DVD player but then freezes some way into the film, The funny thing is it doesnt always freeze in the same place.

Any idea or suggestions on what to try coz it has got me stumped

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Make sure your burning speed is 4x or below + always clean the cd before using it in a stand-alone! Also, nero is the best for burning vcd.

3. Lazerous

Lazerous Member

I was using Nero But was Burning at x8 and Downloading allot of Stuff on WinMX at the time. I didn't think it would affect the VCD as I have broadband and my clock speed is 2Ghz

4. Dela

Never run anything else while burning a cd no matter what processor you got. Also, restart your computer after burning a cd or your next burn has a chance of failing.

5. shabba

shabba Guest

It depends what cd writer you have ive recently purchased one which allows u to run other programs while burning cd's and the vcd's will work fine also i burn all my vcd's at 32X granted the picture freezes for a milli second every few seconds but the picture is great

6. Dela

CD's burned that fast are sometimes unreliable. To proove that point, you should burn an audio cd at 32x, put it in your cd player and try and fast forward it. The fast forwarding wont last that long.

+ The whole thing about runnin other progs while you burn depends usually on your memory. However out of habit I wouldnt anyway because at 32x a cd is finished in a minute.