1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

freezing

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by shno85, Apr 26, 2007.

1. shno85

shno85 Member

last few movies I have burned have had a problem with the movie freezing for a second then playing-back perfect from there. My firmware is up to date and I have used various media (same ).I have burned loads of movies, is my burner tired and should be retired??

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

what brand of media are you using?
    What speed do you burn at?

U can try using a lens cleaner for your dvd player

3. shno85

shno85 Member

I use verbatium,maxwell,I even tried office max,believe it or not they worked fine lol. I buy 16x but burn at 4. Also with Shrink,I go to Quality settings but they are highlited so I can click both boxes.And Thanks for the quick reply.

4. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Verbatim disks are IMHO good media (maxwell??? luck of the spindle) and burning at 4X is always a safe speed to start with. Since the burners firmware is upto date, you should make sure the lens is clean as suggested then take a good look at the original DVD you're backing up and make sure it's also clean (look for finger print marks/smudges and clean them). Look for scratches on the disk, if its badly scratched in areas you might want to take it back and exchage it if possible, also make sure the original doesn't skip or freeze also (this will also be there on your backup).

Try having shrink create an ISO image file that you can burn to disk using DVD decrypter or imgburn.

You could also try using DVDFab for the backup, see link below.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  5. shno85

shno85 Member

Thanks for info.I will do all as instructed and I am going to use 2 different programs just to see if burner needs replacing as I really have used this little baby.