1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Fresh install of windows 7 64 bit ultimate won't update

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by icemen, Oct 27, 2015.

1. icemen

icemen Regular member

Hi
    Ref Toshiba Satellite C660D

My friends lad got this laptop where it won't update windows update, when I click check for updates it just shows "checking for updates" but nothing happens. I think he has got virus or malware on it personally. I ran malware bytes which cleared lots of malware but still same issue. So I decided to load a fresh install of windows activated it and ran windows update, same issues just checking for updates but doesn't find any?
    I also ran windows update diagnostics tools and it fixed some registry issues but I get the error code 8024402C? I don't have any other anti virus or firewall installed? Any help will be appreciated as always. Could this be a hardware/motherboard issue?
    Plus now I think a lot of drivers are missing but I can't do the update to locate them, I went on Toshiba website and downloaded all o them but the wireless still don't work but I can connect direct from Ethernet? Is there a way I can log online download the all the windows latest update onto usb and install that way?

thanks
    Ice

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. icemen

icemen Regular member

The takes you to google search page which link shall I try, I have tried top two but still don't work?

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

go thru the ones that are for win7 not 8 or 10.