1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fried ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by account, Mar 30, 2004.

1. account

account Guest

ok my ps2 hasn't been working for 1 month now i have checked everyfuse my self and i found one that was dead (on the powerboard) i replaced it and it still doesn't work. i have had 2 pro's check it over and they couldnt figure it out either. when i turn it on the eject light doesnt go on or work and when i hit the reset button the screed stays black and when putting it into stanby it responds really slow. nothing happens except the fan turns on. i know someone who had the same problem and it was a fuse and a resistor. i have a version 7 ps2.

how hard would it be to replace a resistor and does anyone know where the resistor would be and is it true that inorder to get an acurate reading you must take the resistor/fuse off the mainboard first? and what do the resistors look like on the mainboard?

and i dont want any replies telling me to just buy a new ps2 cause im not going to.

check out my site http://jgames.50megs.com

2. out-law

out-law Member

Hi there

Go to a site called www.whitedog.co.uk

they will repair & give you a warranty