1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fried xbox 360 hitatchi/lg drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dagobaker, Feb 8, 2007.

1. dagobaker

dagobaker Guest

fried my hitachi 47 drive while trying to rip games. it was successfully flashed so i have my original firmware. when i hooked it back up to try to rip games smoke came from the executer conn kit. then nothing worked. i took it apart and dont see any burned places inside i was playing burned games so i know the flash worked. where can i buy a new drive or get this one fixed. matt

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Wait! So did your Fry your system or not? Because you said that burned games played on it. Is that before you Fried it or What?

3. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

you can go on ebay and get a new drive, and you can get just the board to fix it as well im sure...

4. dagobaker

dagobaker Guest

after playing games with the hacked firmware, like an idiot i wanted to back up all of my games so i hooked it back up and thats when it fried. dont know exactly what i did if i hooked it up backwards or not. smoke and no more life. whats involved with fixing the drive? cant see any black stuff inside the drive. any other place to buy but ebay?

5. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

i dont know, what does it do when you turn it on?

6. dagobaker

dagobaker Guest

now the drive does nothing and the executer kit does nothing also. the usb part seems fine. the 360 boots fine says either open or reading on the disc drive. wont open and doesnt sound like its working. can get online fine just cant use the drive. should i get another 47 hit/lg or should i get another drive. i only have the firmwares for it. i guess ill have to extract the key form the original firmware and patch it into the firmware from the new drive.

7. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Here is a video on how Not to Connect your Connectivity Kit. This may be what happened to yours.

Connectivity Fry

8. dagobaker

dagobaker Guest

cant say for sure if thats what happened. i did it right the first time, never gave it a second thought. now i will nervously. any idea if the drive is fixable? dont have a clue. will be buying a used one from ebay i guess. pissed at myself, also need a new executer kit.

9. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

You can get the Xeno Connectivity Kit! That is the one that I have, and it's a little cheaper (cost wise) than the Xecuter. They are both made by Team-Xecuter, so you know it is a good one!