1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend messed up

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by SYNFB, May 29, 2007.

1. SYNFB

SYNFB Member

So my buddy was messing around with his soft modded xbox last night and hescrewed it up pretty badly.
    He really really doesn't want to buy a new xbox seeing as he doesn't exactly have the money and I have been trying to figure out how to fix it but I am stumped.

He said that he was creating a new skin for his xbox backround and I was watching him for a while to make sure he didn't screw up but as soon as I went to bed he said all hell broke loose.

From what I understand he went into the "Sound and Audio" in his System folder on the xbox and he changed too many settings.
    Now when he turns it on the xbox does the whole little green blob that forms into the xbox symbol then the white Microsoft words pop up. It starts to fade out like normal but then it freezes completely just as the xbox starts to load up.

Can anyone help me fix this problem?

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

use the game he used to install the softmod and just reinstall it. its just the skin is messed up. mine did that a few times when i first started making skins.

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Yep, as above. You can also rest assured that it will hotswap if it won't load the game!