1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

friend-to-friend?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by {TKO}, Feb 10, 2004.

1. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

is it possible for me to send and receive from a friend withot having to go through p2p?

2. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

msn but I think there is a limit to a size of file you can send
    ICQ I have sent over 300 meg on that to the states before now but alot o ppl like it alot o ppl don't they are the 2 I know off

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

use IRC, the file size does not matter, it supports resume, and you can make a channel that only you and your friend(s) and be in if you want. or you are more than welcome to come on our channel, we are on the addictz network.

4. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

i actually thought about that with IRC, overnet, eMule...etc. but how do we actually upload on IRC? or how does that work?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]-One Love-Seek God-
    "You are not educated as long as you have prejudices against anyone for any reason other than his or her character." - Martin Luther King Jr.
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2004
  5. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

ending and Receiving Files(got from mirc help)

The ability to Send and Receive files is one of the most useful features of mIRC since it allows you to share all kinds of information with other people on IRC.

Warning: If you've never shared files before, please read the Accepting Files on IRC section so as to be aware of the dangers of accepting files from others before you start.

On IRC, a method called DCC Send and DCC Get is used to connect directly to another IRC client to Send and Get files, instead of going through the IRC network. The IRC network is used only to initiate the DCC Send request.

DCC Send
    DCC Send allows you to send a file to another user. You can do this by clicking on the DCC Send toolbar button to open the DCC Send dialog. You can then enter the nickname of the user, select the file you want to send, and click on the Send button.

mIRC will then tell the user that you want to send them a file. The user then has to accept your send request, at which point the file transfer will begin.