1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend with HD Loader - hdloader.elf on my MC - how?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by mrf582, Jan 22, 2005.

1. mrf582

mrf582 Member

i have a friend with HD loader and he puts his HD into his PC, copies games using HDL dumb or Winhiip or something and then puts teh HD back into his ps2 and plays games.

i've read countless tutorials and they all require me to make a CD and then use swap magic to boot from the exploit Cd which installs itself on the MC.

can i somehow copy the contents of this exploit Cd onto his HD and then run hdloader on his ps2 select the exploit 'program' and install it on the MC? this way i won't need a copy of hdloader in my ps2 only a psx game.

cliff notes : friend with hd loader and ability to copy games onto PS2 hd by putting it in his PC. i want the MC exploit on my card w/o having to buy anything more than what i already have.

thanks for your help.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

why not just try it? Its not going to screw anything up, it will either work, or not.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  3. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

problem is that you need a program in the PS2 either on the MC or ona copied Cd that allows you to transfer files from the HDD to a MC. If you HAD such a program on there, then that would also suggest that you could have just put the MC exploit right onto your MC withouth this nonsense of using the hdd.

So since you are trying to somehow cheat and find an easy way to make this happen, it just wont work. You need to do it properly, or go buy some hardware (Sharkport) to make this happen.