1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From DVD Rom to DVD Writer... How?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by 131TCH, May 10, 2007.

1. 131TCH

131TCH Member

Hi guys,
    Ok i need help on 2 or more questions here.

1st question:
    How do i copy a game or DVD movie from a DVD Rom to a DVD Writer? Is this possible? I insert the game into the DVD Rom, then i have tried Decrypter, Shrink and Nero, but it tells me that the Empty DVD that is in the Writer, is full. But its a brand new empty disc. How can i go about copying movies or games from my DVD ROM to my DVD WRITER? I have checked all options, but still i have failed. Maybe its the brandy and coke. Dunno. Any help?

Question 2:
    Now this is interesting. CRC. Sound familiar? Cyclic Redundency Check. Ai yai yai. How do i go around this? I have all the tools that i can think of on my system, but maybe somewhere i am short of a program to eliminate this. Any help?

Thanks okes,
    131TCH

2. whassup

whassup Regular member

Answer 1: For a game, you need to modify your console FIRST. For a movie, check out the Guides tab on the top of this page.

Answer 2: Where are you getting CRC errors? On your DVD rips? Make sure you have the updated version of DVDFab Decryptor.

3. 131TCH

131TCH Member

Thanks for your reply. Ok can you please tell me what modifications i need to make to my pc? I have the latest P4 3.2 GHZ that you can get. 2 Gig memory, 2 x 400 Gig Sata HD's, you name it i have it. Just lemme know what can be done in order to have this to run. This is for both games and DVD movies.
    131TCH

4. 2colors

2colors Guest

I assume you have 2 drives. Go to my computer look for the burner drive, insert blank disc, give it a 1/2 a minute to find the disc. You should then be able to put your cursor over the drive it should show you the disc size and amount of free space. If it doesn't, go to device manager and uninstall your drive, and reboot. Let windows go through the found new hardware process. I just went through this last week, my burner quit seeing all disc's blanks and movies. Not saying this is your problem but it wont hurt to uninstall and reinstall the drive. Also make the sure the correct drive letter is selected in DvdDecrypter.
    Edit-Your error with readinga disc could be a number of things such as dirty disc, cheap disc, to fast of burn speed, and probably a bunch of other things.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2007
  5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@131tch

What movie are you trying to backup? What program are you using to remove DMRs? Shrink and DVD Dcryypter cannot do the movies on their own. Nero can't do them on it's own either. If it's DVDFab Decypter you have then it should be able to rip the movie to your HDD from the DVD-ROM drive. You should be able to open that file in Shrink and have it compress or whatever you want it to do; and Nero then will write the file shrink makes in the DVD Burner. Try putting the movie in the burner and rip it to HDD and then open it in Shrink and put the blank in the drive and see if it recognizes the blank.

DVD Fab Decrypter is free here:

http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm