1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From file to svcd help.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by jfleming, Jan 28, 2003.

1. jfleming

jfleming Guest

I have read lots of the post, but not all of them. I have trouble going from a downloaded tmd movie to svcd. Here are the steps that I am using to achieve the one movie I have completed (somewhat). I use:

VIRTUALBUD
    -FILE - open video file
    -VIDEO -direct steam copy
    -AUDIO -full processing mode
    -AUDIO -compression
    -save-

TMPGE (demo)
    -SUPER VIDEO CD ntsc
    -save-

ULEAD MOVIE FACTORY - to burn to svcd.

Should I be using other programs? Is there an easiler route? The first movie I tried was too big for my first disk, is there away to split the movie so I can burn into multi-parts? I noticed in the TMPGE program that there was something showing how big the program was and how much was going to be saved. I tried to change it, but it would not change. Maybe it is because it is just the demo program. Thanks in advance for any help, jf_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Thanks for the help.[/small]

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

try burning it with nero and see if that makes any difference. after you are finished with tmpgenc is the movie playing fine??

3. jfleming

jfleming Guest

i think i finally got the hang of it. i found where to trim a little off the movie as it showed it was larger then my disk. as far as the steps i outlined, were they the best route to go? thanks for your help and this fine forum.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ye it was a good route to go no doubbt about that. i used it b4 cause i wanted to create a menu in DVD Workshop!