1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From Wiid to Wiikey

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by spawn1980, Dec 11, 2007.

1. spawn1980

spawn1980 Regular member

Wiid is no more. I just got my wiikey Finally got points 4 & 5 right after burning them off. Now my other problem is how to update a wiiKey theres no info in the search and the wiikey site is down. Updating the wiid was simple just drag and drop and burn. But I have now Idea what to do I used a dvd-r and cdr and all I get is a disc error I know the chip is installed right because I can play all my GC and Wii backups. Please help.

2. Renzuko

Renzuko Member

Congrats, there is a forum topic somewhere that shows you how to pad out the file. what it does is makes it become 1.35 gigs or something instead of the 40 megs. for some people it could be simple as a straight burn but for others you need to pad it out. If i find it ill sure to post the link. goodluck

3. brido84

brido84 Regular member

theres a guide to doing the 1.3 config disk here it pretty similar to doing the 1.9b/g if you've got a basic knowledge you'll be able to do it, theres also the hacked config disk if you have problems accessing the config disk.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/566540

4. spawn1980

spawn1980 Regular member

I drag the 1.9b update.iso and config.1.3.iso file into the fixsize.cmd got the file size 1.35 GB (1,459,978,240 bytes.

I burned very low 4x with imgburn Put it in the wii saw a gamecube logo. But when I started it it tells me an error has occured and to turn off the wii and check the manual. What am I doing wrong here?

5. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

what firmware is your wii at - if at 3.0 and above u need to use a hacked version or if u have created a muilti gamecube game disc then u can use this to boot up then swap disc at the boot dvd screen

6. spawn1980

spawn1980 Regular member

I have a new problem I updated to 1.9b it said to press a are reset to test flash Press A test was good. Then I press A again by accident and it reflash then this time I hit reset and it test the flash everything went well so I eject the disc and power off the wii, restarted it went into config 1.3 set the override to on saved now nothing plays... No originals, backups NOTHING. What did I do wrong