1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

front cover problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by deuceman, Jun 15, 2012.

1. deuceman

deuceman Member

I left my 360 half way apart and when i came back one of my roommates moved it and the front cover came off and when i plugged it in it would not start up. how do i fix this? i need some help

2. BillB

BillB Regular member

It could be as simple as the "Start button post broke off from the faceplate". Try turning it on with a controller. If that doesn't work, can you post several pictures of different angles, so somebody here can help you out. If nothing works for you, it might be your RF board. If your RF board came off, or semi-disconnected, that could be the reason. Also, is it possible that your roommate dropped it? If so, it could be a crack somewhere in the motherboard. I hope you can get it sorted out.

3. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

i think he has a slim, and if it fell off it most likely got a rip in the cable, you can order a new cable for a little of nothing from ebay, meanwhile, if you want to get the machine on use a controller or you can take the screws out of the rf board and wiggle it in and out and it will turn on that way!