1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*frustrated* chameleon bio's help please?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Pogo, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Pogo

Pogo Member

I just got my Chameleon installed and finally functioning, after 2 days of no results, cursing god, and throwing objects about. Now I can not for the life of me flash it with bios :/

I am trying to flash it with X2 4979. I tried burning it with the name BIOS.BIN and LINUXBIO.BIN. When Cromwell screen comes up I insert my Bios CD and it says "Waiting for drive", pauses a few seconds, ejects the CD without doing anything, and goes back to asking me to insert a CD.

I burnt my BIO CD like I was instructed on a standard CDR Fujifilm Disc with a 199mb dummy file. I burnt it in Nero (No Multisession, ISO Level 1, Format Mode 1, ISO 9660,
    Deselect Joliet, Finalize CD, Disc-At-Once). I must have wasted 15 CD's by now.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? I see other people having the same problems but they're not getting help, or the help they got isn't working in my situation.

2. lcacivic

lcacivic Member

Your problem is most likely the fact you used a CD-R. I'm not sure where you found out which media to use, but you DO need a good CD-RW or DVD-R/RW.

Report back if you still have problems after trying that.

3. lcacivic

lcacivic Member