1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustrated over HP 200j , won't play on home players anymore

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by william22, Dec 9, 2003.

1. william22

william22 Member

This is absolutely driving me nuts, I had to post and find some help. Been at it for hours with no luck, done my homework but nothing has worked.

I have HP 200j (or i I suppose)

I upgraded to XP Pro with some problems, missing drivers for ethernet etc, got everything fixed from what I see, no device manager problems.

But now, when I burn DVDs the DVDs will only work on the computer and my hardcore DVD players, the recorder and surround sound system. My regular players, Apex, Samsung and others will say no disc, or check disc.

I thought it was because I was using 4x Memorex newer DVDs, so I popped in the old dics that I used to use and have burned hundreds that worked great, but got the same result as with the 4x Memorex.

I tried to do homework on firmware thinking that was the problem, but it looks like it's not, but I could probably use that too.

Any help? Thank you

2. majestyk7

majestyk7 Member

I have a similar problem. Writing Memorex DVD-R at 4x using the LITE-ON 411S and will not play on my APEX AD1600 but plays fine on the Samsung and the Kenwood. I thought that the APEX was supposed to play everything put in it. I will try burning a RITEK G03 later but it only writes at 1X, kind of dissapointing when I just bought a 4X writer. I use DVDshrink and Nero 5.5. Any suggestions? Should I get different media? Has anyone else had trouble using Memrorex 4X on an APEX AD1600?
    Thanks in advance,
    Majestyk7